Nail fungus is the most common nail problem and the treatment can be very challenging. Besides the ugly looking nail – discolored, thickened, and crumbled, nail fungus can also be quite painful especially with toenails in covered shoes. Nail fungus spreads fast and has a very high rate of recurrence which has led some to believe it can’t be cured permanently. Fortunately, nail fungus can be cured effectively and permanently. One of the agents that have proven to be very effective in this treatment is snakeroot extract.
How to use snakeroot extract for nail fungus
If you are like me, you are already thinking about this extract being gotten from snakes. No, it isn’t. Snakeroot extract is gotten from plants in the sunflower family. It is one of the natural and safe home remedies for treating toenail fungus. Home remedies are harmless, inexpensive and a great way to treat infections such as nail fungus. One of such home remedies is Snakeroot extract. Snakeroot extract is loaded with antifungal properties.
Application of snakeroot extract
Before using any topical solution, it is imperative to prepare the nail for maximum effectiveness. The preparation process includes:
- Trimming and filing: the first step is to trim the nail as much as possible to ensure the solution can get sufficiently under the nail. If the nail is already thickened, then you need to file it very well to reduce the surface area.
- Wash thoroughly: after proper trimming and filing, wash the nail properly with warm water and soap to ensure all debris is washed off.
Then dry the nail very well.
After nail preparation
- Apply snakeroot extract to the affected nails either by dripping it directly on the nails or wrapping it around the nails on a gauze.
- Do this at least three times a week for maximum effectiveness.
Things to note for maximum result
Snakeroot extract is very powerful and we effectively treat nail fungus but must be combined with other things such as:
- Proper nail care: this is certainly the most important aspect both in the treatment and prevention of nail fungus. Nail fungus thrives in cold, warm, and dark places hence keep your feet dry at all times. Keep your nails properly cut and always neat.
- Consistency: the treatment of toenail fungus will usually last a few months hence the need for patience. Over this time, consistency is very important to ensure the desired outcome is achieved and in no longer time.
Does snakeroot extract have any side effects?
Snakeroot extract is 100% natural hence it is very safe for usage, unlike medications that come with varying side effects.
Besides the use of snakeroot extract, there are other effective home remedies for nail fungus.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is a very powerful antifungal agent that effectively destroys nail fungus. It is an essential oil that must be diluted with a carrier oil, such as olive oil and coconut oil, for maximum impact. One drop of tea tree oil should be diluted with about six drops of carrier oil.
Prepare the nail as described above and apply a thin layer of the mixture to the affected nail at least three times a day. If you observe any skin irritation, you should dilute tea tree oil more or apply a smaller quantity each time. If irritation yet persists, you should stop its usage. Tea tree oil isn’t meant for internal usage.
This is another essential oil with great effectiveness in the treatment of nail fungus. It is very popular and widely used. Dilute it like the tea tree oil and use it in the same manner.
Coconut oil is a carrier oil loaded with a lot of benefits. It is used both internally and externally. This powerful antifungal agent is used for hair care, nail care, skincare, as well as nail fungus treatment. For external use, apply it directly to the affected area and bandage for proper absorption.
Baking soda is a common household item with powerful antifungal properties. It destroys fungus and ultimately ends with a clear and healthy nail. Mix about a half cup of baking soda with a half-filled bucket of warm water and soak your nails in it for about 20 minutes, twice a day.
Toenail fungus can be effectively treated in a number of ways including the use of snakeroot extract. Snakeroot extract is a natural oil that will take care of nail fungus without causing any side effects. Whichever remedy you choose, make sure you keep to proper nail care to hasten the healing process and prevent a recurrence. Keep the nails well-trimmed, clean, and dry always. Don’t walk barefoot in places such as a locker room and a local swimming pool.